We’re Open for Business by Appointment
Our COVID-19 Safety Plan
Steps have been taken to reduce risks to our workers and customers based on guidance from the BC Centre for Disease Control, Public Health Officer, Municipal, Provincial and Federal Governments, WorkSafeBC and our industry. We have implemented customer and employee awareness for new procedures and communicate these through signage, email, telephone and our social media channels.
- stay home if ill
- stay home for 14 days after last
- close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- visit to any area heavily affected by COVID-19
- cover mouth with your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- avoid handshakes, hugs and any other physical contact
- pay in advance by phone
- book appointments to start a batch, do bottling or pick up retail products
- re-book appointments if ill
- ensure bottles brought to a bottling appointment are pristine clean
- wear a mask if they have one
- wash hands upon arrival to a bottling appointment
- handle bottle washing, shrink capping and labeling
- maintain physical distance from staff of 2 metres
- keep doors locked at all times
- wash hands prior to each customer’s bottling appointment and after picking up orders
- disinfect touch points on carts, equipment and countertops used during the bottling process prior to each customer’s appointment
- use clean towels at each bottling appointment
- disinfect price lists, pens and pay pads after each use by a customer
- frequently disinfect doorknobs, handles, desks, toilets, faucets and sinks
- handle bottle filling and corking
- maintain physical distance from customers of 2 metres
- wear a mask and gloves when picking up orders
- maintain physical distance from warehouse staff of 2 metres
We have reduced the number of
- business days from 7 to 5 and are now operating Tuesday to Saturday regular hours
- staff from 4 to 2 to eliminate close proximity of workers
- customers allowed in the store to 1 or more if from the same household
To book an appointment
- Call (604) 275-9463 during business hours
- Business hours are:
- Tuesday and Friday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday and Thursday Noon – 8:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- You may also contact us by email at email@example.com
- We are located at 12115 First Avenue in Steveston Village
We will continue to monitor the pandemic and assess risks of reopening for business as usual based on guidance from the BC Centre for Disease Control, Public Health Officer, Municipal, Provincial and Federal Governments, WorkSafeBC and the industry.
Where your Winemaking Experience Begins
This is where your winemaking experience begins so put your mind at ease because it’s where you’ll find DIY craft winemaking at its best. If you live in the Lower Mainland, you’ll want to make your wine here.
Our customers have been crafting their wine in Steveston since January 4, 2000. Whether this is your first winemaking experience or you’re a loyal long-time customer, you can rely on our knowledgeable team to guide you. We’ll help you select the wines that are right for you because we take time to learn what you like. For instance, knowing what you like to eat means we can suggest pairings. Above all, we can help you make minor adjustments in the process so your wines are worthy of winning awards.
Watch our videos so you can learn how easy it is to become a vintner at Steveston Winemakers or drop by and see us today. You can share the fun with your friends and family too! If you’re hesitant to commit to 30 bottles of one type of wine, team up and make 3 different batches, sharing 10 bottles of each.
We qualify as an RJS Craft Winemaking Academy member because are committed to providing the ultimate craft winemaking experience to every customer who makes wine in our facility. Find out more about the team so you’ll be comfortable with who is going to guide you through your winemaking experience. You’re sure to make Steveston Winemakers where your winemaking experience begins.
When you make your own wines with us, we guarantee you’ll be happy with them. Compare to wines at 2-4 times the cost and you’ll be hooked. Homemade wines of the past have been associated with terms like “too sweet”, “gritty” or “bad”. Our products are engineered by some of the top wine producers in the world so times have changed. For instance, our products are sourced from the world’s best vineyards. You’ll see more details about our products on the ABOUT page.
Every month, we’ll advertise new specials, a featured wine and cocktail, limited edition availability and seasonal releases. If you’re interested in being added to our monthly email list, use our CONTACT page to let us know.
We’re committed to giving our customers the best prices possible for our products so we offer discounts. You can take advantage of our new customer discount by downloading the Web coupon from our website or the Tourism Richmond site or from Facebook. In addition, once you’ve become a customer, be sure to use our referral, loyalty and seniors discounts.
If you’re planning a large event, you’ll be keen to know about our special occasion packages. They’re designed to save you money so they’re perfect for your anniversary, celebration of life, engagement, family reunion, birthday, retirement or wedding events.
Our blog covers all kinds of topics about crafting wine, events, food pairing and also a journey through the top wine producing regions of the world. It’s published at the beginning of each month along with our specials so you can be added to our monthly email list by contacting us to let us know.
We live in a very special community and support fundraisers for the arts, dry grads, education, humanitarian trips, health initiatives, seniors programs, sports teams and more. It’s heartwarming to know we make a difference so the lives of others can be better. It’s one of our corporate values so every one of our staff are involved in volunteering.
See what our customers say about where your winemaking experience begins…
Quality Product and Exceptional Service
Easy, Fun and Tasty
Steveston Winemakers is fantastic! This was our first time making wine and it’s so easy! The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, bottling was fun and the product is tasty! It’s been great having a few cases at home so we’re always ready to entertain guests or grab a bottle on our way to friends houses. We’re looking forward to our next batch!
Awesome Place, Great People, Great Wine, Huge Savings
Initially we were slightly concerned ordering 30 bottles of one type of wine until after the first batch only lasted a few months (we were hoping it was going to last years). We’re very loyal customers and have had no complaints whatsoever plus it’s a huge savings over the liquor store! And yes the wine is very good, no hangovers!
Great Service, Great Selection, Super Clean
I’ve been coming here since 2002 and followed them when they moved from their Moncton location. For those of you accustomed to the great service you get in the USA, then you’ll also be very pleased here. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, great selection, super clean premises and fair prices so what more do you need?
As your DIY winemaking experience begins, we’ll make sure you have fun while saving money. You’ll enjoy it so much, you’ll certainly want to tell your friends about it. It’s also environmentally friendly because you’ll re-use your bottles over and over again.