Black Cab (California)
- Grapes have long been a part of the Lodi landscape, where bountiful wild vines used to grow along riverbanks. From the first planted vines in the mid-1800s, the region has flourished into a world-class producer, with most of the land dedicated to red wine grape varieties. Lodi’s grapes benefit from a Mediterranean climate of warm days and cool nights, and a dry growing season which allows growers to precisely manage vine growth through irrigation. Two mountain-fed rivers run through the region bringing rich granite-based minerals to the soil which lend complex flavours to the grapes.
- Black Cab is an intriguing blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Gamay Noir. Gamay is a light-bodied red wine revered for its floral aromas and earthiness, with tart red berry and lively acidity. Cabernet Sauvignon is a full-bodied red loaded with black fruits, cherry, black pepper and hints of earth. This balanced blend marries the best of both varietals into an energetic medium-bodied beauty. Ripe and round with vibrant acidity and silky-smooth tannins, expect pronounced cherry and juicy red berry flavours rounded out with notes of cassis, spice, subtle earthy undertones and soft vanilla.
- Pairs well with golden couscous stuffed peppers, grilled red meats, pizza, black peppercorn tuna, black bean stews or roasted pepper dishes.
- Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon and Gamay Noir
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry