- The Worcester region in South Africa is located approximately 100 kilometers from Cape Town, in the Breede River Valley. It’s surrounded by majestic mountain ranges and the Breede River runs through the valley on its way to the Indian Ocean. The hot climate and the protection provided by the mountains combine to provide perfect conditions for high quality, fruitful wines.
- This superior premium wine, Cape Blend, opens with aromas of leather and licorice and spice, dark berries and smoky earthiness on the palate.
- It’s an exciting blend of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinotage and Grenache which is truly outstanding and worthy. The dark berry flavours from the Cabernet Sauvignon balance nicely with the forward spiciness from the Shiraz. Pinotage, which is a grape varietal that is unique to South Africa, provides strong tannins and smoky, earthy characteristics. Grenache contributes aromas of leather and licorice. Fermenting on crushed grape skins enhances the bouquet and contributes soft velvety tannins for a round, juicy mouthfeel. Together, these elements offer a complex, full-bodied wine.
- Fermenting on crushed grape skins enhances the bouquet and contributes soft velvety tannins for a round, juicy mouthfeel.
- Pairs well with roasted red meats seasoned with marinades or savoury herbs and aged hard cheeses.
- Varietals: Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinotage and Grenache
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium-Heavy | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry