Pacific Quartet Red (Various)
California, Chile, Australia, Washington
- The Pacific Rim is encompassed by North and South America on one side and Australia on the other. These regions have microclimates that match those from all over the world from blazing sunshine to crisp mountain air. Soils range from sandy loam to stony red clay to nearly pure limestone and everything in between. The range and variety provide the perfect terroir for almost any grape, especially those found in this charismatic red blend.
- This superior premium wine, Pacific Quartet Red, opens with blackberry and cherry aromas. Rich berries and hints of black currant and dark chocolate grace the palate.
- The most revered red varietals from four Pacific Rim regions are featured in this Pacific Quartet. Blending California Cab, Chilean Malbec, Australian Shiraz and Washington Merlot creates a most delectable full bodied wine.
- The combination results in a well-structured, tannic wine with a bouquet of blackberries and cherries. The palate offers rich berry overtones with hints of black currant and dark chocolate followed by a toasty oak finish.
- Pairs well with rich meat and bean stews, roasted leg of lamb with rosemary and aged cheddar cheeses.
- Varietals: California Cabernet Sauvignon, Chilean Malbec, Australian Shiraz and Washington Merlot
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry