Yolo White (California)
- YOLO is a commonly known acronym for “You Only Live Once”. The name “Yolo County” is believed to have Native American origins. The county is situated in the northern part of California’s Central Valley. Its deep and fertile soils are ideal for agriculture. The marine effects from the nearby Sacramento River provide cooler temperatures. Fog that rolls in and out of the vineyards daily, combined with the coastal winds, create ideal grape growing conditions. The climate contributes to the concentration of aromatic compounds found in wines produced in this region.
- A superior premium wine, Yolo White is a perfectly balanced blend of California Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc and Muscat, creating an off-dry delight.
- California’s most widely planted wine grape, Chardonnay, contributes vibrant green apple and melon flavours.
- Chenin Blanc, often used as an ideal blending partner with Chardonnay, offers up citrus flavours and high acidity.
- Muscat brings floral aromatics and contributes a subtle sweetness.
- Yolo’s so inviting and well-balanced, your’e sure to enjoy its fruit-forward flavours and hint of sweetness.
- Pairs well with mild curry dishes, baked ham, Brie and Camembert.
- Varietals: Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc and Muscat
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Unoaked | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Off-Dry