Double Noir (New Zealand / California)
- MARLBOROUGH, NEW ZEALAND / LODI, CALIFORNIA
- Marlborough garners much acclaim for its cool climate Pinot Noirs. The region enjoys plenty of sunshine and the moderate temperatures see a strong swing between day and night, fostering strong varietal expression.
- Lodi also sees big temperature changes from day to night, which helps Gamay retain its characteristic acidity.
- Gamay Noir and Pinot Noir are the perfect pair as both varietals feature high natural acidity and low tannins, making this an extremely food-friendly wine.
- This superior premium wine opens with cherry and cranberry on the nose and a subtle floral note. On the palate comes strawberry and cherry flavours, accented by an undertone of savoury spice.
- It’s vibrant and versatile with freshness and finesse. Try chilling Double Noir for one hour before serving.
- Pairs well with a pull apart ham loaf, Brie cheese with raspberry jam or fresh strawberries.
- Varietals: Gamay Noir and Pinot Noir
- Watch: Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Light | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry