- SICILY, ITALY
- Sun-kissed Sicily has been growing grapes for more than 3,000 years; the hot temperatures, consistent sunshine and moderate rainfall make it a wine haven. The slopes around Mount Etna on the island’s east coast are a sweet spot for Nerello, where the higher elevation brings cooler nighttime temperatures which help maintain the grape’s desirable acidity. The volcanic soils impart mineral notes on the grape, and with Etna’s frequent eruptions, soil composition is constantly transforming.
- Grown on the slopes of an active volcano, Nerello is a wine that knows how to get your attention and keep it.
- This superior premium wine opens with appealing aromas of cherry, strawberry and rose. On the palate, it unfolds into juicy red berry and crushed strawberry flavours with hints of cinnamon and herbs.
- It’s sleek and savoury with earthy and mineral nuances, fresh acidity and smooth, polished tannins.
- Pairs well with a sheet pan sausage dinner, dried chorizo sausage or marinated bell peppers.
- Varietals: Nerello
- Watch: Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Medium-Full | Sweetness: Dry