Torrontés Muscat (Argentina)
- MENDOZA, ARGENTINA
- At the foot of the Andes and an average of 900m above sea level, Mendoza boasts some of the highest vineyards in the world and Torrontés grows particularly well at this elevation. The hot, semi-arid climate is tempered by cool mountain nights, helping the varietal to retain acidity. Dry, rocky soils mean the vines have to work harder for nutrients thereby producing smaller, more concentrated grapes.
- Torrontés and Muscat, two aromatic whites, share many similarities making them ideal blending partners.
- This superior premium wine opens with floral aromas. On the palate, you’ll enjoy fresh peach and citrus flavours with bright acidity.
- Torrontés, Argentina’s signature white wine grape, lends notes of rose petal, geranium and peach, complemented by Muscat’s honeysuckle, mandarin orange and stone fruit flavours.
- Pairs well with coconut cod, chicken cold cuts or green grapes.
- Varietals: Torrontés and Muscat
- Watch: Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Unoaked | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry