Grenache Carignan (Spain)
- THE REGION: MANCHUELA, SPAIN
- The climate in Manchuela is ideal for red wines. The inland region has a continental climate with high daytime temperatures and long hours of sunshine. But its still close enough to the coast to experience cool nights thanks to Mediterranean winds. This temperature swing creates favourable conditions for red grapes to slowly ripen, perfectly developing tannin, colour and varietal character. The resulting wines show excellent flavour, colour and mouthfeel.
- Grenache Carignan – Garnacha Cariñena in Spanish – is at once intense and harmonious. It is a deep ruby red with alluring aromas of blackberry, spice and leather nuances. It offers a provocative palate of black fruit, cherry, red berry and plum with well-integrated oak and accents of licorice and spice. The wine is rich with velvety tannins, moderate acidity and a long savoury finish.
- Fermented on grape skins, which adds deep hues, enhances the bouquet and promotes velvety tannins for a lingering finish.
- Pairs well with southwest strip loin with skillet succotash.
- Varietals: Grenache and Carignan
- Watch: Wine Video
- Watch: Recipe Video
- Watch: Sommelier Review
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Heavy | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry