Macabeo Sauvignon Blanc (Spain)
- THE REGION: MANCHUELA, SPAIN
- Manchuela is framed by the Júcar and Cabriel rivers, whose sediments make up the limestone-based clay soils. Two large reservoirs to the north provide irrigation during the very dry growing season. Vineyards here are 600m – 1000m above sea level. The altitude has a cooling effect and combines with fresh Mediterranean winds to moderate the hot summer days. This helps to slow ripening, resulting in white grapes that produce fresh, fruity wines with good acidity.
- Macabeo and Sauvignon Blanc are perfect partners in this bright and balanced blend. Together they show aromas of citrus, tropical fruit and soft white blossom. The palate is lush and layered with pronounced flavours of green apple, pear, grapefruit and tropical fruit with light notes of honeysuckle and grass. This wine is fresh and flavourful with lively acidity, elegant complexity and medium persistence.
- Pairs well with baked feta with tomatoes, capers and olives.
- Varietals: Macabeo and Sauvignon Blanc
- Watch: Wine Video
- Watch: Recipe Video
- Watch: Sommelier Review
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: None | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry