Trebbiano Riesling (Italy)
- THE REGIONS: PUGLIA AND VENETO, ITALY
- North and south come together in this fresh blend. The Trebbiano comes from Puglia in the south, the heel of Italy’s boot. The dry heat, balanced by cooling breezes from the surrounding seas, along with the region’s fertile soils create the perfect conditions for growing mature and fruity grapes. In the north, the long summers of picturesque Veneto bring Riesling to full ripeness and the cool nights help the varietal retain freshness and its natural high acidity.
- This wine opens with lemon peel, melon and green apple on the nose with a light chamomile undertone. The palate offers orchard fruit flavours of yellow apple and white peach fused with melon, citrus and fresh minerality. This inviting blend showcases the high natural acidity of both Trebbiano and Riesling. It’s fun, fresh and fruity with a touch of sweetness and a lot of pizzazz.
- Pairs well with lemon and rosemary butter braised shrimp.
- Varietals: Trebbiano and Riesling
- Watch: Wine Video
- Watch: Recipe Video
- Watch: Sommelier Review
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: None | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Off-Dry