Aglianico Barbera (Italy)
- THE REGION: CAMPANIA, ITALY
- Winemaking is an ancient art here with history dating back to the 12th century BC. Sitting on the southwestern coast of Italy, Campania has 350kms of coastline and a mountainous interior comprised of the Campanian volcanic arc, which includes Mount Vesuvius. The long growing season is hot and dry with abundant sunshine. Breezes that blow in from the Tyrrhenian Sea temper the heat, thus promoting acidity in the grapes. The volcanic soils also encourage high tannin.
- This LE22 Aglianico Barbera is fermented on grape skins which enhances the bouquet and contributes soft velvety tannins for a round, juicy mouthfeel.
- Aglianico is considered one of the three greatest Italian varietals, known to produce refined, complex wines with firm tannin. Its richness and structure make it popular for blending. In contrast, Barbera is popular for producing fruity wines with low tannin and high acidity.
- The combination of these two Italian varietals creates a balanced blend with big personality. Dominant flavours of black cherry, pepper spice, blackberry and plum are enhanced with licorice, dried herbs, and a light mineral note. You’ll definitely want to sit back, sip, and savour this wine.
- Signature Food Pairing: Lasagna Bolognese (contact us if you would like us to send you the recipe)
- Also pairs well with smoked brisket, eggplant parmesan or chicken mushroom tagliatelle.
- This LE22 Aglianico Barbera is a must for your wine cellar.
- Varietals: Aglianico and Barbera
- Watch: Wine Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Heavy | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry
- Back to Limited Editions