Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot (Washington)
- THE REGION: WALLA WALLA, WASHINGTON, USA
- Walla Walla, which sits on Washington’s southern border, dips slightly into Oregon. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot are widely planted here because the long growing season allows these grapes to reach optimal ripeness. Hot days develop ripe fruit flavours while cool nights help lock in acidity, keeping fruit in focus. Cabernet Sauvignon grown here is known for being fruitier and less astringent and the Merlot also shows a more boisterous body and rich fruitiness.
- This LE22 Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot is a classic combination. Robust Cabernet Sauvignon provides structure and black fruit flavours while complementary Merlot softens Cab’s high tannin and acidity and adds juicy fruit and texture.
- The result is a beautiful blend showing aromas of black currant with hints of dried herb and toasted almond. The palate is stacked with layers of deep cherry, black fruit, baking spice and mocha. A concentrated and seamless blend with silky tannin.
- Signature Food Pairing: Pecan & Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms (contact us if you would like us to send you the recipe)
- Also pairs well with pepper steak, beef or mushroom stroganoff or your favourite burger.
- This LE22 Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot is a must for your wine cellar.
- Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot
- Watch: Wine Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Medium-Full | Sweetness: Dry
- Back to Limited Editions