Malbec Bonarda Syrah (Argentina)
- THE REGION: MENDOZA, ARGENTINA
- Sitting at the foot of the Andes and an average of 900 metres above sea level, Mendoza boasts some of the highest vineyards in the world. Altitude is key to Mendoza’s quality; the hot, semi-arid climate gives the grapes the sun and heat they need to fully ripen, while the cool mountain nights drastically slow ripening thereby preserving acidity. The dry, rocky mountain soils force the vines to work harder for nutrients, producing smaller, more concentrated grapes.
- This LE22 Malbec Bonarda Syrah is fermented on grape skins which enhances the bouquet and contributes soft velvety tannins for a round, juicy mouthfeel.
- Malbec leads the way providing structure and black fruit. Bonarda builds on juicy fruit flavours and softens tannin, while Syrah lends savoury spice character.
- This exciting blend shows black cherry and raspberry aromas infused with subtle clove spice, leading to an expressive palate of bright red fruit and ripe dark berry, backed by soft spice, vanilla and dark chocolate notes. Structured and zesty, with firm tannin and food-friendly acidity.
- Signature Food Pairing: Gourmet Blue Burger (contact us if you would like us to send you the recipe)
- Also pairs well with pulled pork tacos, rib eye steak with chimichurri sauce or BBQ chicken pizza
- This LE22 Malbec Bonarda Syrah is a must for your wine cellar.
- Varietals: Malbec, Bonarda and Syrah
- Watch: Wine Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Heavy | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry
- Back to Limited Editions