Provence lies on the southeast tip of France and vineyards in this small coastal region are all within 60 kms of the Mediterranean Sea. Summers are warm with abundant sunshine. Coastal breezes help moderate the temperature and the strong mistral wind keeps skies clear and grapes dry, which protects against disease. Soils vary across the region with white wine grapes generally planted in areas with rich limestone and shale deposits.
- The LE23 Semillon Sauvignon Blanc is a classic French White Bordeaux style.
- Citrus and grassy aromas lead to a gorgeous palate with refreshing grapefruit and lemon/lime flavours. Gooseberry, passionfruit, and green apple notes come through, hinting at honeysuckle and lemon peel. Serve lightly chilled to emphasize the vibrant acidity and prominent citrus flavours of this crisp dry white.
- Pairs well with Shrimp Curry, Sushi, Asparagus Risotto and Crab Cakes
- This LE23 Semillon Sauvignon Blanc is a must for your wine cellar.
- Varietals: Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc
- Watch: Wine Video
- Weeks: 8
- Oak: None
- Body: Medium
- Sweetness: Dry
- Alcohol: ~13%
- Back to Limited Editions