Merlot Cabernet Franc (California)
- Known for its Bordeaux style wines, Paso Robles dedicates over half their vines to Bordeaux varieties including Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Spanning over 614,000 acres it is California’s largest AVA. Paso Robles is unique as it holds three key factors to ripening grapes with refreshing acidity; diverse soil found in varying elevations, hot days and cooler nights, and varying rainfall levels combine to create the perfect environment for brilliantly defined wines.
- This blend of Merlot and Cabernet Franc offers a balanced soft rustic profile. Merlot stands as the fruit forward backbone of the wine, while the aromatic Cabernet Franc rounds out the blend with soft spices and herbal notes. On the nose and palate, this wine offers plum, red and black berries and dark cherry fruit notes, with underlying woody smoke, herbal spice and soft tannins.
- Pairs well with lightly herbed pork loin roast with fresh sage, thyme and rosemary, mushroom risotto, rosemary lamb, roast beef or a variety of meat casseroles and pies.
- Varietals: Merlot and Cabernet Franc
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry