Carménère Petit Verdot (Chile)
- The Curicó Valley is in central Chile, south of the capital, Santiago. It’s a warm valley between the Andes and Coastal mountains. The valley has a Mediterranean climate that experiences hot days and humid cool nights, ideal for growing aromatic and flavourful grapes. The soils are composed of limestone and volcanic rock which both contribute to the bold flavours in this wine.
- A superior premium wine, Carménère Petit Verdot presents aromas and flavours of ripe black fruits, figs, plums, chocolate, tobacco, tea leaves and savoury spices.
- In this spicy, balanced and fruit-driven blend of Carménère and Petit Verdot, look for black cherry, blackberry and fig with earthy undertones, notes of chocolate, tobacco, tea leaves and savoury spice from the Carménère.
- The Petit Verdot adds another layer of ripe black fruits, plum and spice on both the nose and palate.
- Fermenting on crushed grape skins enhances the bouquet and contributes soft velvety tannins for a round, juicy mouthfeel.
- Pairs well with beef brisket, filet mignon, BBQ lamb chops, stuffed peppers with chorizo and rice, legume-based dishes, hard cheeses such as aged cheddar and finally 70% dark chocolate.
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Heavy | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry