Dos Grenache (Spain/Australia)
- Chiva is located in Valencia which is the centre of Spain’s sunny east coast. The Riverland region in southern Australia is the largest wine growing region that is located east of the Barossa Valley and extends along the Murray River. Chiva experiences very hot days that are relieved with a sea breeze from the Mediterranean. Riverland, with a continental climate, sees hot dry and sunny days and relies on the Murray River to irrigate the vines ensuring fully ripe and flavourful grapes.
- A superior premium wine, Dos Grenache is lush with intense berry flavours, along with hints of vanilla, cinnamon, dried herbs and spice, making it a unique full body blend of Grenache from Spain and Australia.
- In Spain they call the grape Garnacha and it brings jammy aromas and flavours of strawberry, blackberry and dark cherry.
- The Australian Grenache has very similar characteristics but adds extra richness with notes of candied juicy ripe fruit.
- Pairs well with any grilled, stewed or braised meats, especially rosemary rack of lamb. The spice in Grenache also pairs well with hearty dishes that are herb-heavy and savoury such as herb roasted vegetables or ratatouille. For cheese, try Manchego or a mild blue.
- Varietals: Grenache
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry