Union Red (France)
- A historic region that rests along the Mediterranean coast of France, bordered to the west by the Rhone River and Cote d’Azur on the east. Provence is blessed with a perfect climate for growing grapes – lots of sunshine, minimal rain, warm days and cool nights. The region is famous for the “Mistral” winds which come off the Mediterranean to moderate the temperature and keep the vineyards dry and free of pests.
- A superior premium wine, Union Red is a flavourful blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc to produce a wine with cassis and spice aromas and dark juicy berry flavours.
- Cabernet Sauvignon has aromas of cassis and savoury spice, along with flavours of black currant on the palate and a juicy dark berry finish.
- The Merlot and Cabernet Franc unify this blend and bring flavours of black cherry, tobacco and subtle hints of pepper.
- Pairs well with black pepper steak, braised leg of lamb or prime rib, savoury lentil or mushroom stew, roasted potatoes and root vegetables. Cheddar, aged Gouda or other hard cheeses.
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry