Union White (France)
- Provence is the oldest wine producing region in France with over 2600 years of grape growing experience. The region borders Italy and the Mediterranean Sea and is known for its diverse landscapes from the Southern Alps to the rolling vineyards and olive groves. Wild rosemary, juniper, thyme and lavender grow all over the region which create character in the wines. The region is graced with a Mediterranean climate of warm days and cool nights and a diverse mix of terroir.
- A superior premium wine, Union White combines Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon to produce citrus, gooseberry and pear flavours with nuances of herbs and minerals.
- A classic French blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon create the crisp and medium-bodied Union White. Expect aromas and flavours of citrus, gooseberry and pear with faint herbaceous and mineral notes. Union White has bright acidity, bold aromatics and ends with a clean finish.
- Pairs well with shellfish such as oysters and mussels, or white fish like cod or halibut (with butter, caper and lemon sauces), a fresh arugula salad with a lemon parmesan dressing, goat cheese appetizers, tabbouleh and asparagus risotto. Key food flavours that enhance this wine are basil, parsley and citrus.
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Unoaked | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry