- PIEDMONT, ITALY
- Piedmont is in North Western Italy at the foothills of the Alps, sharing borders with France and Switzerland. There are two key factors that impact the climate in Piedmont: the cool Alps and the balmy Mediterranean. These two factors create extreme day and night temperature differences known as diurnal range. Cold nights, foggy mornings and sun-kissed days make for excellent grape growing conditions. The Barbera vines are often planted on the warmer south facing slopes to help ensure optimal ripeness.
- This 100% Barbera shows classic regional character.
- Aromas of ripe cherries, raspberries and strawberries are followed by hints of pepper and savoury spice.
- Flavours of blackberries and sour cherries lead to subtle notes of almond and caramel.
- This superior premium wine has a juicy mouthfeel that is complimented by soft, rich tannins, giving it balance and poise.
- Fermenting on dried grape skins adds deep hues, enhances the bouquet and promotes chewy tannins for a lingering finish.
- Pairs well with braised lamb ragu over creamy Parmesan polenta, wild mushroom and truffle agnolotti, Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Varietals: Barbera
- Watch: Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Unoaked | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry