Merlot (New Zealand)
- HAWKES BAY, NEW ZEALAND
- The oldest and second largest wine region in New Zealand is Hawkes Bay which is located on the east coast of the North Island. The area is blessed with a kaleidoscope of fertile soils ranging from gravel to sandy loam. The region is sunny with a warm temperate climate that offers a long growing season which promotes mature tannins and ripe fruit flavours.
- This Merlot is sourced from the renowned Hawkes Bay wine growing region of New Zealand.
- Bright aromas of blueberries and baking spice are followed by notes of plum, fig and tobacco.
- On both the nose and palate, the elements of aroma, flavour and balance that Merlot is known for come through.
- This superior premium wine has a soft mouthfeel leads to well textured tannins.
- Pairs well with pork tenderloin with a blueberry reduction over Moroccan couscous, roasted root vegetables and braised greens or goat brie.
- Varietals: Merlot
- Watch: Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Light | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry