Grillo Pinot Grigio (Italy)
- THE REGION: SICILY, ITALY
- Sicily is the southernmost region in Italy and is also the largest island on the Mediterranean Sea. It is consistently blessed with bright sunshine, warm temperatures, moderate rainfall and coastal breezes. The classic Mediterranean climate is described by Sicilian wine producers as a magical place to make wine. This is because of the unique geography, climate and cultural influence.
Passport 2022 Series
- A unique blend of Grillo and Pinot Grigio, this fruit-driven wine is a playful balance between freshness and body. Grillo (pronounced ‘GREE-lo’) originated in Sicily and is a more robust alternative to Pinot Grigio. It brings more body to this blend along with floral notes and hints of grapefruit. The Pinot Grigio keeps this wine crisp, offering bright acidity along with notes of cantaloupe and sweet pear on the palate.
- Pairs well with grilled calamari with preserved lemon and fresh herbs, tomato and watermelon salad or fresh goat cheese.
- Varietals: Grillo and Pinot Grigio
- Watch: Wine Video
- Watch: Sommelier Review
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: None | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry