Tempranillo Bobal (Spain)
- THE REGION: MANCHUELA, SPAIN
- Manchuela is a large wine growing region in central Spain. It lies inland from Valencia and is located in the valleys between the Júcar and Cabriel rivers. These valleys and the influences of the Mediterranean Sea make the climate relatively mild. The moist winds coming off the coast help to regulate the temperatures in the vineyards to ensure optimal growing conditions. Red grape varietals dominate the region with Bobal representing approximately 70% of the vines grown here.
Passport 2022 Series
- Experience Spain with this juicy blend of Tempranillo and Bobal, two of the most widely-planted varieties in Spain. Ripe fruits of dark cherry, strawberry and blackberry are complemented by notes of plum and fig preserve. Toasted oak brings hints of vanilla bean and baking spice. This medium-bodied wine delivers freshness and balance with well-structured tannins and a long, lingering finish.
- Pairs well with paella and chorizo, grilled vegetable lasagna or Manchego cheese.
- Varietals: Tempranillo and Bobal
- Watch: Wine Video
- Watch: Sommelier Review
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Light-Medium | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry