Cabernet Zinfandel (California)
- THE REGION: LODI, CALIFORNIA
- Lodi proclaims it is the Zinfandel capital of the world, with over 40% of California’s Zinfandel grown in this region. It is part of the larger Central Valley wine region and is located east of the San Francisco Bay. Lodi’s vines benefit from the cooling water, air and river breezes which are a result of being located directly east of the meeting point of California’s two largest rivers. These rivers that flow through Lodi originate out of the Sierra Nevada mountains and deposit mineral rich soils. These contribute to the complex flavours that are found in the fruit from this area. It is blessed with a moderate Mediterranean style climate with warm days, low humidity and cool nights which creates a perfect climate for growing flavourful, fruit forward grapes.
Passport 2023 Series
- This PP23 Cabernet Zinfandel is fermented on grape skins which enhances the bouquet and contributes soft velvety tannins for a round, juicy mouthfeel.
- Juicy, jammy and seriously bold, this blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Zinfandel is a winemaker’s delight. The Zinfandel brings ripe and dense berry fruit, while the Cabernet Sauvignon brings the backbone and framework to tie it all together.
- The fruit is layered with tobacco, pepper and spice, creating a distinct profile that is sought after in the finest Californian reds. The palate is rich and full bodied with well defined tannins and a soft mouthfeel. Great crowd appeal!
- Pairs well with bison burger with hand cut fries, ravioli with mushroom cream sauce or aged cheddar cheese.
- This PP23 Cabernet Zinfandel is a must for your wine cellar.
- Varietals: Cabernet Sauvignon and Zinfandel
- Watch: Wine Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Heavy | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry
- Back to Limited Editions