Mendoza is a high altitude desert like region with an impressive landscape. The region sits at the foot of the Andes and is an average of 900 metres above sea level. It has some of the highest vineyards in all the world. The hot, sunny and semi-arid climate ensures the grapes ripen fully but the cool mountain air also slows to the ripening to help maintain good acidity. Mendoza relies on irrigation channels from the Andes Mountains. Melting snow helps with water supply, although the soil Is still quite dry and rocky, which means the vines must work harder for nutrients. The end result is smaller, more concentrated fruit. The combination of high elevation and an ideal climate make a perfect growing environment for Malbec and its noble partner.
- This PP24 Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon blend showcases the best of both worlds, combining the richness of Malbec with the structure of Cabernet Sauvignon. The Malbecs grown here stand strong on their own but when blended with Cabernet, they create complex and powerful wines that represent the Argentine terroir.
- Ripe red fruits with hints of violet present on the nose. The palate unfolds elegantly with flavours of dark plum, fig and jammy black fruit. Soft and rich tannins enhance the mouthfeel and add to the long rich finish.
- Pairs well with Grilled Bison burger, Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers and Mild Blue Cheese.
- This PP24 Malbec Cabernet Sauvignon is a must for your wine cellar.
- Varietals: Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Watch: Wine Video
- Weeks: 8
- Oak: Medium
- Body: Full
- Sweetness: Dry
- Alcohol: ~13%
- Back to Limited Editions