The Lodi region is nestled in the middle of the Central Valley between San Francisco and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Its landscape is characterized by sprawling vineyards and rolling hills. Growing grapes has long been a part of the region’s history and it is flourishing region for wine tourism. The region is blessed with a Mediterranean climate with warm dry days, cool nights and breezes off the San Francisco Bay. The mineral rich soil plays a big role in producing high quality, flavourful fruit. The combination of the climate and fertile soils creates an ideal environment for producing high quality wines.
- PP24 Merlot Cabernet Franc is a harmonious medium to full-bodied blend. These two renowned varietals blend seamlessly together creating a wine that is vibrant with a velvety richness.
- Enchanting notes of plum, sweet strawberries, and raspberry are followed by subtle hints of chocolate mocha, baking spice and licorice. The Merlot adds the fruity and berry component to the wine while the Cabernet Franc adds more perfumed herbal notes. A silky-smooth mouth feel, fresh acidity, balanced tannins, and a finish that is nothing short of radiant.
- Pairs well with Seared Duck Breast with Confit Potatoes, Wild Mushroom Risotto and Aged Cheddar.
- This PP24 Merlot Cabernet Franc is a must for your wine cellar.
- Varietals: Merlot and Cabernet Franc
- Watch: Wine Video
- Weeks: 8
- Oak: Medium
- Body: Medium-Full
- Sweetness: Dry
- Alcohol: ~13%
- Back to Limited Editions