Cabernet Merlot Syrah (Chile)
- The rich, brooding intensity of this blended wine is reminiscent of Joaquin Murrieta, a daring guerrilla leader turned social bandit. As an immigrant miner during the California gold rush, Chilean-born Joaquin Murrieta and his family were victims of ethnic discrimination, suffering much at the hands of American miners. Forced off his claim under the Foreign Miner’s Tax of the 1850’s, he was pushed in to a life of crime and into wearing the mask. Murrieta fought to defend lives and livelihoods of his people – stealing cattle and horses, robbery, and even murder.
Restricted Quantities Series
- Revel in layer upon layer of surprise in this Chile Cabernet Merlot Syrah. Enticing hints of smoke, and luscious qualities are intricately woven into this wine’s darkly exotic character. Salut to life, to wine, and to the man behind the mask! This full-bodied dry wine presents aromas of juicy blackberries, cassis, mocha, and spices. On the palate, it showcases polished tannins and a smooth finish.
- Pairs well with beef empanadas, rack of lamb with chimichurri sauce and flank steak with balsamic glazed grilled vegetables.
- Varietals: Cabernet, Merlot and Syrah
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry