Chardonnay Semillon (Australia)
- Much like Ned Kelly, Australia’s “Robin Hood” outlaw, this Chardonnay Semillon is full of intrigue and generous with its unique flavours. The son of an Irish transported convict, Ned Kelly and his family were downtrodden, and persecuted by police. Imprisoned at a young age, Ned became entangled with the “Greta mob”, and a violent confrontation at the Kelly home saw Ned indicted for attempted murder. Promising to avenge his mother’s imprisonment for her role in the incident, Kelly and his gang were labeled outlaws. But with the help of sympathizers Kelly eluded capture, demanding justice for his family and the poor in his rural community. In a last stand, Kelly and his gang wore suits of armour made from ploughs; none would survive but Kelly. Ned was captured and sentenced to death at Old Melbourne. This wine’s balanced, easy-going relationship of subtlety and freshness harmonize with the complexities of its unwitting armour-wielding fugitive. Cheers to an unsung hero!
Restricted Quantities Series
- This dry wine features refreshing aromas of white flowers, golden delicious apples, lemon custard, and vanilla. Enjoy freshness on the palate, with a touch of oaky flavours.
- Pairs well with salmon burgers, white fish fritters and cheese gougères.
- Varietals: Chardonnay and Semillon
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Light | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry