Sangiovese Nebbiolo (Italy)
With Dried Grape Skins
- This year’s proprietary red blend is a marriage between two noble grapes of Italy: the dark purple Sangiovese and the black Nebbiolo.
- Dark ruby in colour, the bouquet opens with aromas of tobacco, dark ripe plums, black cherries and chocolate. Notes of blackberries, prunes and vanilla with hints of toasted oak and spices grace the palate. Fermenting on grape skins contributes to its deep colour, chewy tannins, tantalizing flavours and complex aromas. It is velvety smooth with a long and lingering finish.
- Pairs well with pasta Bolognese, mushroom risotto or chicken parmigiana.
- Varietal: Sangiovese and Nebbiolo
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Medium | Body: Medium | Sweetness: Dry