Grenache Tannat Shiraz (Australia / California)
- RIVERLAND, AUSTRALIA / LODI, CALIFORNIA
- The Riverland region wraps around the Murray Darling river, basking in the hot South Australia sun. The Mediterranean climate and long sunny days make for vibrant fully ripened grapes. The winding river provides relief from the sometimes-intense heat, vital access to water for irrigation, and contributes to the region’s fertile soils.
- Lodi is located between the San Fransico Bay and the Sierra Nevada Mountains in the centre portion of California’s Central Valley. The Mediterranean climate here features warm days and cool evenings which allow grapes to fully ripen. The Mokelumne and Cosumnes rivers, originating in the mountains, feed the Lodi region with soils rich in granite based minerals, lending complex flavours to the grapes.
- Australian Grenache and Shiraz combine with California Tannat to make this plush, charismatic blend.
- Grenache provides notes of raspberry and spice.
- Tannat brings gripping tannins and a whisper of licorice.
- Shiraz imparts black plum and peppercorn.
- This superior premium wine layers delicious dark fruit and red berries with complex notes of vanilla, peppery spice, and subtle smoke completed by racy acidity, big tannins and a lengthy finish.
- Fermenting on dried grape skins adds deep hues, enhances the bouquet and promotes chewy tannins for a lingering finish.
- Pairs well with Asian marinated sirloin, aged cheddar cheese or dark chocolate.
- Varietals: Grenache, Tannat and Shiraz
- Watch: Video
- Weeks: 8 | Oak: Heavy| Body: Full | Sweetness: Dry